With the healthcare industry in a constant state of change and the threat landscape rapidly escalating, healthcare providers, life sciences organizations and their service providers must go beyond HIPAA compliance requirements. They need to implement advanced security technologies and sophisticated risk management practices to provide the level of data protection and risk reduction needed today.
Penalties for noncompliance with HIPAA and the HITECH Act can quickly escalate to millions of dollars, and the provisions affecting covered entities and business associates are wide-ranging. Media reports of security and privacy breaches can also be devastating—destroying the trust of your patients, employees, vendors and business associates. This is why HIPAA compliance assessments are so critical.
A thorough and accurate HIPAA audit consists of many individual components and activities. When these individual pieces aren't designed to work together, efficiencies are lost, deadlines are missed, and vulnerabilities are overlooked. Our risk analysis process, Gap analysis, penetration tests, and other tools are designed to work together to provide a fluid and accurate solution to HIPAA compliance and Meaningful Use requirements.
Our services include:
- HIPAA FastTrack Toolkit – HIPAA compliance is heavily focused on policies and procedures related to how organizations safeguard PHI. To address this need, We offer a FastTrack Toolkit for organizations looking to jumpstart their HIPAA policies and procedures. Included are over 80 policies and step-by-step procedures, resulting in over 400 pages of detail – all fully customizable. The toolkit helps to expeditiously upgrade existing policies and procedures that align to all HIPAA Security and Breach Notification Rule requirements.
- HIPAA Risk Assessment – Risk assessments are a requirement of the HIPAA Security Rule and Meaningful Use attestation. They are often overlooked or performed unsatisfactorily as reported by the OCR during breach investigations. Our risk assessment approach is anchored by the NIST 800-30 methodology and represents a comprehensive look at vulnerabilities posed by today’s cyber threats. This service also includes an analysis of an organization’s control posture to determine its level of residual risk. Our HIPAA risk assessments have been reviewed by the OCR during many breach investigations.
- HIPAA Security Rule Gap and Compliance Assessments – For organizations new to HIPAA, we offer a gap assessment service that’s been meticulously designed to unveil areas of non-compliance and heightened risk. Organizations looking to satisfy an audit or investigation by the OCR will benefit from our compliance assessment. This assessment looks beyond the design of a control by including detailed testing to ensure satisfactory safeguards have been defined, implemented, and are operating effectively. Both assessments are linked to the requirements of the HIPAA Security and Breach Notification Rules, but are based on our custom-built approach that leverages the OCR Audit Protocol, industry frameworks (e.g., NIST 800-53), and personal experiences working with the OCR.
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Assessment –Similar to services that address the HIPAA Security Rule, we offer assessments geared towards ensuring compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule. We assess an organization’s compliance posture through the design, implementation, and effectiveness of controls. For areas where gaps or deficiencies are noted, we provide detailed recommendations to assist with remediation efforts
- Custom Training, Workshops, and Advisory – We understand that each organization faces unique challenges, so we have healthcare experts on hand to assist with all HIPAA-related needs.
- the audit. If you've never been audited, then addressing any issues that have arisen will ensure that the audit goes smoothly. If your organization has previously been exposed to a breach, then an audit will give you guidelines to follow to avoid future security breaches